Feuling 7252 HP+ Reaper 472 Chain Drive Camchest Kit for Oil-Cooled M8 Models:
FEULING® M-Eight OIL COOLED camchest kits include all necessary components from top to bottom of the camchest conveniently packaged under 1 part #. These combination kits not only ensure each individual part is designed to work and function together but to do so in total harmony. These camchest kits take the guess work out of the ordering process and guarantees the engine builder maximum reliability, peak performance and the coolest engine and oil temperatures obtainable.
• Quieter and smoother engine operation
• Increase oil pressure, scavenge volume and engine oil flow
• 27% more pressure and scavenge gear volume over stock
• 42% more scavenge volume with port sizing, matched passages and holes to the engine case
• 68% more oil volume to the crankshaft and connecting rod bearing
• 15-25 degree cooler engine temperatures
• 15-30 degree cooler oil temperatures
• 10-30 more PSI of oil pressure
• Reduces wet sumping, blow by and oily air cleaners
• Magnets in oil pump to help protect gears and pressure relief valve
• Test results show 2 HP gain and 2 ft/lbs of TQ gain to the rear wheel on Milwaukee Eight
• NOTE: FEULING test results show a 50% reduction of engine sump oil level.
-HP+® SERIES Kits includes a billet 6061 aluminum high volume oil pump, FEULING® HIGH FLOW camplate, HP+® Hydraulic roller lifters and cam installation kit.
The 472 Reaper is a great all-around camshaft and Feulings go to for 4 1/2 stroke 114 – 117 looking for a little more than our 465 grind and wanting a bolt-in. The 472 has a great bottom end with substantial gains above 2,900 RPM when compared to stock. Responds very well to increased bore and or compression, exhaust system and air cleaner. Use of performance valve-springs is not required but may result in a quieter, smoother running valve-train See Feuling #1107 or #1108.
Kits include: FEULING® high volume Oil pump, HIGH FLOW billet Camplate, REAPER® Series Camshaft, hydraulic roller lifters, fixed length pushrods, TIMKEN®/KOYO® cam bearing, rocker arm studs and nuts, gaskets, O-rings, ARP® cam/crank fasteners, washers, moly lube and LOCTITE®.
OIL LEVEL NOTE – DO NOT OVERFILL OIL TANK
It is important to get the correct hot oil level in your bike. Feuling recommends running the oil level 90%-99% full when hot.
Note: The M-Eight oil pick up port is on the right side of the engine. Letting the bike idle or warm up on the kickstand will naturally fill the engine case and skew the oil level in the tank.
We recommend the following steps to achieve proper oil level:
1. Check cold oil level.
2. Ride the bike until operating temperature is reached.
3. Shut the bike off while still in the upright position. (This insures an accurate reading)
4. Once the bike is on the kickstand check oil level.
5. Add or remove oil as needed.