Feuling Vented Dipstick for Harley M8 Softail Models
The Feuling Vented Dipstick can help motorcycles that experience what is called oil blow by. This is when oil is pushed out through the air intake. This problem is not only frustrating, it creates an oily mess and can even blow out oil onto the rider if the problem is severe. When pressure builds on top of the oil in the oil tank/pan it pushes down on the oil causing it to migrate into the engine making it harder for the sump side of the oil pump to suck the oil up and return it to the tank/pan. The Feuling Vented Dipstick is also a helpful product to release excessive crankcase pressure. This product was originally designed for the Milwaukee Eight models to help reduce the problems they experience with wet sumping. The Feuling Vented Dipstick utilizes a rubber umbrella valve from a twin cam engine. This umbrella valve is a proven one-way crankcase vent to let pressure out. Pressure that resides below the dipstick goes through the relief hole and passes out through the rubber umbrella valve.
- Screws into the factory oil fill spout as a stock replacement part on M-Eight
- This breathing dipstick removes unwanted build-up of blow by, which is found in engines with excessive leakdown through the rings/cylinders (a common issue with large displacement big bore engines)
- Test results show a decrease in wet sumping oil levels
- Dipstick vents excessive crankcase pressure from the oil tank through a breather system consisting of a filter element and umbrella valve
- Choose from two venting style options when installing the dipstick
Cycle Solutions Inc. recommends using non synthetic oil in Milwaukee Eight models and not letting and M8 idle on its kickstand.